Friday, September 9, 2011

My Coach's Latest Project

from Facebook:

Food Issues and You - Finally Facing the Phantom Menace

by Coach Scott Abel on Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 3:28pm
Well this project is FINALLY complete. And I think I'd like to share some insights with you. After 2 years and too many hours to count I completed this project last week. As I piled up my reference materials to finish the reference section - I even surprised myself at how much research was actually on my desk. Tens of thousands of pages and 100-200 pages of notes only represent the beginning point - before the writing began.


The project consists of 2 books, one main book, a book supplement, and a workbook, which by itself, I think can change people's lives. Why am I telling you all this?


Cause it changed my life as well. I took on a lot before with Metabolic Damage and with the Body Image book I wrote, "The Other Side of the Mirror." But I was always able to maintain a level of professional detachment. At the completion of this project, I am spent. I didn't realize till the mission was accomplished just how much of other people's suffering I had absorbed and used to motivate me to keep going on this project. And that is a lot of suffering for one person to absorb, believe me.
Not since my days in social work some 25 years ago or more do i remember being left so empty from something. I thought I would share this with you all - or those who are interested. I need time to recharge, regenerate and recuperate. This project has sucked a lot out of me to be sure
It will be a couple to a few weeks now to get it to market, as it now goes into the hands of my web-peeps. But "Food Issues and You-Finally Facing Your Phantom Menace" - a project begun over 2 years ago - is now complete - is now done - and for the interim - I am done as well - exhausted from an effort- I hope you all find as worthy as I hope it to be.


Look for it soon, and I wil of course announce more about it. I am also releasing another diet-related product just before this as well. But I'm mum on that for right now


Thanks for reading this - I just felt maybe you should know what a 2 years long project does to someone - someone invested in it that is